In 2009, Apple had a catchphrase "There's an App for That" which they trademarked. Little did we know then that there would be an explosion of available apps for almost everything! There are now multiple mobile apps for both Android and iPhones that offer almost everything in the realm of special resources, information and tools which provide instant access at your fingertips. There are apps for photography, finance, weather, cooking, reading, games, sports, fitness, task management, travel and more. With so many apps flooding the market, finding new and relevant apps for a specific market such as travel can be an overwhelming task to say the least.
To make it easier, we have listed seven travel apps that may be worth checking out- many of which are free for downloading.
- Camp & RV Campgrounds Plus- This low cost app ($9.99) is an ultimate camping app that helps you to find RV parks, campgrounds and various other related services on your mobile device with or without the internet. For more information check out: Camp & RV Campgrounds Plus
- Google Navigation Maps- This free application for Android phones provides maps with navigation, live traffic conditions, free voice guided GPS navigation for driving, biking and walking as well as recommendations for everything from restaurants, campgrounds, gas stations, shopping, museums, and more. For more information, check out: Google Navigation Maps
- Gas Buddy- This is a free application designed both for Android and iPhones that helps you locate gas stations near you with listed prices so you can find the best rate for gas. For more information, check out: Gas Buddy
- KOA Camping App- this app available for both iPhone and iPad allows you to plan the perfect camping adventure by providing a huge selection of campgrounds, detailed campground descriptions, navigation system for directions and reservations as well as descriptions for local attractions and more. For more information, check out: KOA Camping App
- Passport America- This free mobile application for both Android and iPhones is offered by a 50% discount camping club which provides a directory of over 1,800 locations for campgrounds, RV parks and more. It allows the user to locate parks based on current location with photos of the campground and provides members the ability to save money while camping in the US and Canada. For more information, check out: Passport America